|MICHEL DE MONTAIGNE SCHOLARSHIP |
|7th Annual |
Michel de Montaigne
Saturday, February 16, 2013
| || || || || || || || || |
The Michel de Montaigne Scholarship will be awarded to first-time applicants to Shimer on the basis of merit in writing and discussion—the activities that Shimer students undertake in the classroom (and beyond!) every day.
The scholarship honors Michel de Montaigne, the French Renaissance author and essayist. Participants read an essay by Montaigne, discuss it in a classroom setting, and write an essay. A committee of faculty members evaluates each participant's performance and selects the scholarship winners. Results will be announced in March.
Participants will be sent a copy of the selected Montaigne text for the competition once they submit the scholarship registration (see below).
Full and partial tuition scholarships for four academic years
Saturday, February 16
9:30am - 4:00pm
3424 S. State Street
Chicago, Illinois 60616
1. Submit a complete Application for Admission by February 1, 2013. You can apply online or download an application and return it my mail.
If you are applying online, please email pdf copies of your writing samples and letter(s) of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mail the application fee to the street address above.
If you are mailing your application, please send all material to the street address above. Please leave ample time for your application to arrive by mail by the February 1, 2013 deadline.
A complete Application for Admission comprises:
- Completed and signed application form. Please note: you may apply as a Weekday/Weekend or Early Entrant student. Special Status students are not eligible for the Montaigne Scholarship. Please select appropriate application form.
- Writing samples as requested
- Letter(s) of recommendation as requested
- High school transcripts
- $25 application fee payable to Shimer College
2. Register for the Montaigne Scholarship by February 1, 2012.
3. To be eligible for a Montaigne Scholarship, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. The form can be completed anytime after January 1 and must be completed before a scholarship can be awarded. Note: Students who are awarded federal or state grants may have their scholarship adjusted if the combined amount of all aid exceeds the cost of tuition.
Apply and reserve your space! Space is limited.
Important Montaigne Scholarship Dates:
|After January 1 |
|Submit completed FAFSA form online |
|February 1 ||Deadline to submit completed Application for Admission online or as a hardcopy |
Deadline to register online for Montaigne Scholarship competition
|February 16 ||Competition takes place at Shimer College |
Contact us with any questions at 312.235.3555 or email@example.com.